Most human resources departments use a checklist when hiring new employees. Such lists are critically important, whether they are printed on paper or managed electronically by a paperless onboarding system. Lists help us to consistently and fairly walk new workers through a litany of important tasks.
Compare the Items on Your List:
I gleaned the following items from one such checklist published by SHRM.
- Completed job application
- Authorizations for background check and drug screening
- Form I-9
- Federal & state tax withholding forms
- Company policy acknowledgement forms
- Emergency contact form
- Benefits information and enrollment forms
- Filing and data entry