If you’ve ever struggled through completing Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) forms with an employee, you have surely also thought, “There must be a simpler way.” Maybe you’ve even had a good idea for making it better. Now is the time to make your voice and opinions heard!
The U.S. Department of Labor is now accepting public comments for revising a variety of WOTC-related forms.
Since almost all of these forms are inter-agency documents, most employers will never use them. However, employers and their agents do frequently use ETA Forms 9061 and 9175, both of which are standard parts of an employee’s WOTC-application packet. Most WOTC employers are also happily familiar with ETA Form 9063 (the Employer Certification).
- The forms under review include:
- ETA Form 9061 “Individual Characteristics Form” English and Spanish
- ETA Form 9175 “ Self-Attestation Form (SAF) for the Long-Term Unemployment Recipient”
- ETA Form 9063, “Employer Certification”
- ETA Form 9058 – “Certification Workload and Characteristics of Certified Individuals”
- ETA Form 9062, “Conditional Certification”
- ETA Form 9065 “Agency Declaration of Verification Results Worksheet”